Online businesses built on foundations of valuable content, as well as products and services, can self-sustain and grow forever. Google rewards this model.
In that illustration, the left-hand image is my rendering of a large website:
- deep internal links
- clear navigation/menu
- custom-written title and description meta tags for each page
- strong keyword/phrase per page
- well-crafted page content: easily scanned, persuasive, informational, use of readable text conventions, SEO optimized (head with keywords, subheads, bullets, internal anchor text links where appropriate; images that make sense. Some copy-related questions: what do you want your visitors to know, to do? Click a button, fill in a form, buy, learn, interact, bookmark, follow links deeper? Is the copy a big YAWN or is it compelling and insightful, even bold and interesting? Is it all about you or all about answering your visitors needs, desires, triggering their emotions?
- Are the important elements visible above the fold?
- Are you building an email list? Products? Services? Offer a comprehensive customer engagement, from free content to high-level paid?
- Blog– volume, relevancy and engagement?
- Provide content that outside sources may wish to link to; information others in your niche may find useful for their audiences?
I hope you get the picture. In the illustration above: will it be the business on the left, or the business on the right?
Liked this post? Pass it on.